Wednesday 7 November 2012

Review: Revlon Colour Stay Foundation

A big hello to you all. :) I'm here today to give my review on the ever famous Revlon Colour Stay Foundation. Okay, so I'm just going to throw it out there and say that I really don't like this product. I know, I seem to the only person on the planet to be giving a negative review on this foundation. I honestly did want to love this product as much as everyone else and I had read some truly amazing reviews about it online but for some reason, I just couldn't work with it. 

I have bought it on two occasions. The first time was while I was on holiday a couple of years ago. I saw that it was on offer so I thought I'd give it ago and see what all the fuss was about. I had bought it in the shade 'Natural Tan' due to the fact that I was on holiday, and well, had a tan. The first thing I thought when I opened the bottle is it's just a like a bottle of paint. It smells like paint, has the thick consistency of paint and pours out everywhere like paint. I know the MAC foundations have the same bottle top, but I'm not a massive fan of those either. 

Still, I thought I'd keep going and give it a try and see how it applied to the face. After I had got over the strong stench of paint I found that it's really difficult to work with. It's full coverage and sets onto the face really quick- making it hard to blend in with your skin. It just feels like a mask over my face. I bought the combination/oily one as that is my skin type but I found it made me look even oilier. The lasting power wasn't great at all- after a day at work, I'd come home and even after setting with a powder, the foundation was all patchy and the majority of it had slid off  completely- not a good look at all. 

I have suffered with problematic skin in my early teens and although it's all under control now, this foundation broke me out like nothing on earth. I felt so self-conscious and just began to despise everything this foundation had to offer. I couldn't understand what I was doing wrong, but eventually just gave up on it.

Then, at the beginning of Winter, I thought I would try again. I was just my naturally pale colour so decided to go for the colour 'buff'. I don't know what made me think it would work good for me second time round, but I just wanted to feel those positive thoughts towards the foundation that everyone else has. But again, the lasting power was horrendous, so much product is wasted because there is no pump on the foundation and I just found it still didn't blend into my natural skin. No matter how quick I tried to buff it in, it never seemed quick enough and would leave that awful looking 'foundation line' at the jaw. 

The thing I find with this foundation is that it gives me a grey-ish tinge to my face. I don't know if it's the wrong tone colour for my skin but it couldn't look any less natural. I have now completely given up on this foundation and although I tried my hardest to work with it- it just seems impossible. I am so disappointed after I had read all the hype for this foundation and was claimed to be a dupe for Estee Lauder's Double Wear. I certainly wouldn't recommend this product, especially if you are used to wearing a much lighter, natural looking foundation.


Revlon Colour Stay foundation £12.49- Boots


No comments:

Post a Comment