Friday 9 November 2012

My thoughts: Beauty Boxes

Happy Friday to you all! :) 

I have been thoroughly into my blogging this week and wanted to continue with a 'my thoughts' post. Today I want to share with you my opinions on the ever popular craze of the beauty boxes. 

Now I know everyone has mixed opinions on them, but I just want to share with you my experiences, to give help to those maybe questioning whether or not it's something they want to go for. I'm giving my 100% honest opinion on this so I won't lie to you and say it's the most amazing thing ever and well worth the money etc, because in reality, you don't always get the fantastic high end products that they promise to give you, but then again, sometimes they do- it's simply just pot luck and that's part of the risk to buying into something like this.

I spent ages researching all the different beauty boxes on the market when I was first looking to try them out. I watched endless YouTube videos and blog reviews to see which one gave you the best value for money. At the time I was looking, I got the impression that it was Glossybox who seemed to be the most popular choice- so I decided to give it ago. I must add, if you are thinking about giving the beauty boxes a try, don't worry about having to sign up for so many months, because you're not. In fact, you can just sign up for one month, receive your box and if you don't like it, unsubscribe and that's that. On the other hand, if you absolutely love your boxes, you can take out longer subscription if you wish, they also make great presents if you know someone who loves their beauty products.

So in April 2012 I signed up for my first Glossybox. When it came, I had a look through all the products and was fairly happy with it. I liked the idea of using products/brands that I wouldn't go out and buy myself on the high street, so it was nice to be able to try them out and found there were some I really liked. I received another 2 boxes after that before I unsubscribed. Now this wasn't for anything major. I know there is so many people who have been receiving Glossybox's for years and had no complaints. I just found them really unorganised with the dispatch of the boxes- payments would be taken at the beginning of the month and although they did give a date for them to be dispatched, they were always much later- sometimes even into the following month, before they got round to dispatching them. Then there was the issue of the products. Now I don't know what happened but I started to get products that I could go out and buy in Superdrug for a couple of pounds. This really just made me wonder whether or not I was really getting my money's worth- so I unsubscribed. Like I said, I know that Glossybox are a huge company now and thousands of people love all their boxes, but it just wasn't for me.

My mum has been receiving the Joliebox for about 6 or 7 months now and I always seem to really like the products she gets. Again, there is the odd product that makes me wonder why they put it in there when the rest of the products are so luxurious, but it doesn't happen nearly as often as the Glossybox. So last month I signed myself to Joliebox. They have recently joined up with the American beauty box company 'Birch box'. This is what swayed me to sign up as I'm such a big fan of Birch box but just can't get it here in the UK which I was gutted about. However now they are in collaboration with Jolie box to become one company which means even more products and brands available! My first box arrived in the post at the end of October and I am really pleased with the products inside. Now I won't go into too much detail about the products because I'd really like to do a separate post solely on the October Joliebox and more focused in on the products themselves and what I thought of them.

The beauty boxes are really pretty and girly and perfect for storage. I use mine to store things like nail varnishes, lip products, eyeshadows etc. Just keeps your make-up a little more organised. :) 

Another good thing I really like about the beauty boxes is that because their products are deluxe sample sizes, they are perfect to take away on holiday/weekend away. It's lovely to be able to take luxurious products away with you without breaking the bank paying for a full size one. 

I hope this has helped in some way or other if you are unsure about beauty boxes. Remember this is just my thoughts based on my own experiences and preference. If you are considering trying out a beauty box, do a little research on a few blogs, there are some brilliant YouTube video's on them too.

I have listed a few websites here too. Have a look on them to find out more about a particular box. You can find out what's been in past boxes, prices aswell as the product brands they use in their boxes.

www.joliebox.co.uk
www.glossybox.co.uk
www.shesaidbeauty.com

www.amarya.co.uk

Hope you enjoyed reading this, and have a fab weekend! :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment