Monday 29 October 2012

My Current Skin Care Routine

Okay, so I used to switch up my skin care routine A LOT during my teens. I would constantly buy new facial washes, cleansers and moisturisers as they came onto the market. I think this was mainly due to the fact that they all claimed to magically give you perfectly clear, flawless skin overnight- and with a statement like that, how is a young, impressionable teen supposed to refuse!? Anyway, I quickly realised that most of the time, these claims were nothing more than a marketing gimmick. I do have sensitive skin, so really wasn't doing myself any favors by slapping a different product onto my face every other week, not to mention a BIG waste of my money.

After a while, I realised that I was going to need to see what actually works for MY skin and stick with it. I have combination skin so I had to spend a lot of time to properly see what works and what doesn't. 

I prefer to use a facial wash to take off my make-up, and then cleanse clean skin. I know some people love using cleansers as a make-up remover, but it's just personal preference. For my facial wash, I have been using Neutrogena's 'Visibly Clear' gel in pink grapefruit. I really enjoy using this product! It smells deliciously fruity (hence the grapefruit) and works great for my skin. It's really gentle on the skin and takes off all my make-up perfectly. I do find that while I am using this face wash, I VERY rarely get any spots, which is definitely a plus! 

Neutrogena Visibly Clear pink grapefruit facial wash £4.94 - Boots


 As far as cleansers go, I am loving N-Spa's Melting Cleansing Gel (Available at Asda) I have used the classic Liz Earle- Cleanse and Polish, and although I only have good things to say about the product, it is pricey. The N-Spa Melting Cleanser is at the very affordable price of £6! Brilliant price for a product that feels so luxurious. I don't want to say too much about this product at the moment as I am planning to do a much more in depth review on this product in the very near future, so keep your eyes peeled if you would like to find out more information on this!

N-spa melting cleansing gel £6.00- Asda


I tend to use a facial scrub only a couple of times a week. I do tend to still change it up from time to time. I have been going between my Clinique '7 day scrub cream' and Soap and Glory's 'Fab Pore Facial Peel'. Both products work really well, although the Soap and Glory one is my favourite. It comes in a small 50ml tub, which actually lasts months! You only need a tiny amount. The mask itself has tiny green beads in the cream, which burst as you're massaging the product onto your face, releasing all the 'do-good' properties. Again, this is another product I will be reviewing in an upcoming blog post so look out for that.


Soap & Glory 'Fab Pore' facial peel £8.00- Boots

No comments:

Post a Comment